Planning a tournament doesn't actually have to be stressful thanks to our 10 easy steps! Be sure to read part 1 & part 2 in addition to this article. These next two steps will outline planning contests and which amenities you will require.
Almost all tournaments include 'events within the event' to add to the overall excitement of the day. As a result this also makes it a great way to fundraise and get people involved. Here are some examples of fun contests that might possibly encompass the days' activities:
- Hole in one contest
- Putting tournaments
- Closest to the pin on par 3's (this can also be done blindfolded)
- Longest drive (men and ladies)
- Closest to the keg
- Closest to the rope
- Par 3 contests - pay to enter - hit the green get double your money back
- Beat the pro - pay to enter - this can be longest drive, closest to the pin, etc.
Willow Valley can help you choose contests to add to the overall enjoyment of the day! In addition, keep in mind that on-course activities may affect the pace of play. Therefore you do not want to include too many on-course contests otherwise the golfers will be in for an incredibly long round! For this reason we suggest choosing a mix of on and off the course activities.
How can the golf course assist you in running your event? First and foremost it is important to know that the staff at the course did everything in their power to make the tournament a success. Here at Willow Valley we can assure you that the customer's needs are our number one priority. Therefore our manager is available at all times to answer any questions or concerns. In addition, we also provide you with a tournament liaison to assist with your tournament planning needs. Here are some of the ways that Willow Valley can assist with your tournament:
- Assist in choosing a date and time
- Planning a tournament within your budget
- Provide registration tables and prize tables
- Assist with creating lunch and/or dinner menus, as well as accommodating special dietary restrictions
- Provide a large dining tent to accommodate golfers and guests
- Provision of goody bags and beverages for each cart
- Assigning tee times and accommodating last minute changes in pairings and groupings
- Greet guests upon arrival and assist in finding their cart
- Provides clubs available for rent if required
- For shotgun starts, we lead golfers out to their starting tee blocks
- Provision of marshals to ensure an adequate pace of play
- Provision of required materials for contests
- Ex, markers for closest to the pin and longest drive contests
- Provision of food and beverage carts for use throughout the round
- Suggestions and ideas for tournament format
- Assistance in promotion and marketing for the tournament
- Provides a beautiful and relaxed atmosphere to ensure your guests enjoy themselves
In addition, please let us know what else we can do to help make your tournament day a success! We can accommodate any special restrictions or needs.
For more details or to book your tournament give the pro shop a call at (950)-679-2703. The full 10-step guide is available for download! Simply click 'download attachment' below to download your own copy!
Last Modified: Friday 30 June 2017 10:33